Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Mmm...mead!

Isn't this gorgeous? This is a mead (fermented honey wine) that our friend Farmer brewed up last year and we bottled a few weeks ago. It is flavored with licorice root, lemon balm, and other desert herbs. It is already wonderfully complex and should only mellow and improve with several years of aging.

We did a small mead tasting at our Solstice party last night. We started with a bottle of Farmer's mead and progressed to a true treat - Matt's five-year-old saguaro mead (made with three GALLONS of saguaro juice). We polished off one of Matt's last remaining bottles and it was one of the best tasting liquids that has passed my lips in a long time. Thanks Matt and Farmer! See you next year with my offering.

1 comment:

Lar said...

save a glass for me I'm on my way!