Sunday, November 23, 2008

El Tour de Tucson





Another succesful El Tour!  This was my third El Tour and second time riding with El Grupo, the youth cycling club I help to coach.  We rode all 109 miles in 6:46.  While this time was slower than our time last year, we have a completely new crew of riders most of whom new to cycling.  I seriously expected our team to take about eight hours to finish so obviously we did great.  No flats, no accidents, no complaints - just 8 kids riding with their hearts.  We also managed a quick "Happy Birthday" to my mom who cheered us on at mile 68!  This last photo is of the incredible celebration breakfast that my beautiful wife prepared for me.

I'd like to give a big shout out to my neighber and friend Mike Dean who could not ride El Tour this year due to the fact that he is in Iraq for the FOURTH time.  He was going to try to ride "El Tour" around the Army base but couldn't due to security concerns.  You are in our thoughts Mike!  See you next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great! Congratz guys! Big cheers to El Grupo! I had gotten worried cuz I couldn't find your names on the online results.